Saturday, March 31, 2018

Search the Scriptures Daily

If we want to be completely Biblical as far as we are able, then it is profitable to research in the Scriptural principles, sometimes going back to the Greek and Hebrew to see the meanings of words. Then compare what we know with the traditions we have been following. If there is no Biblical example for what we do, then it would be good to eliminate that tradition from our lives.

Since I have done this, my life is far more peaceful and much less expensive. Most people who enjoy the holidays do not realize just how exhausting they are and how quickly they are forgotten until they eliminate them.

Isn't following Christ and maintaining a peaceful life far better than a faded memory of a happy time. We can live our joy in the present, never having to look back to gain joy from those things that are no longer happening.

Each day is a new day, let this one be lived in the present, in the joy and happiness for this day. Attempting to get back the feelings we had in the past is an exercise in futility. The feelings we had at the time can never be recreated, they really have no value in the present.

Philippians 4:13-14 “Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Luke 9:62 “Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

Those who live in the past rarely enjoy the present. The yearning for bygone days only tugs at the emotions leaving a feeling of hopelessness that we have lost something we will never get back.

I prefer to live in the present, in the moment, only remembering the lessons I learned that brought me to where I am today. Those who attempt to keep us stuck in the past have not grown into maturity. How can we grow if we refuse to leave what is in the past....in the past.

When we trust in the Lord for each day, we are full of joy, nothing from the past can compare to that present and current joy. Nothing from the past can control or affect our lives anymore, they are gone and done with forever.

Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended it, but this one thing I do: forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"

No comments:

Post a Comment