Saturday, May 4, 2024

Embarrassment at the name of Jesus Christ is a Clue

I am convinced most people who attend churches today are embarrassed by the name of Jesus Christ. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
Why is not every born-again believer using their social media to spread the gospel and the wisdom of God's Word as He wrote it?
I can't think of a better way to get the gospel to the world and the principles of Christ to other brothers and sisters in Christ than social media. It goes world wide and once it is in cyberspace it never leaves, it just keeps going and going.
Why would we use the excuse that too much foolishness is on social media, because of that we will not participate? Is it possible believers know that if they are bold about Christ publically they will be rejected and excluded? Perhaps many believers walk in fear that someone will not like them or they won't be able to discern the character of those they encounter.
Social media is much like "taking it to the streets", in that we don't know what the reaction is going to be of those on the streets and we are sure family and friends will begin to look at us sideways because we are too radical and strange in their eyes.
I have been excluded from nearly all family members for my boldness about Christ and His principles and many of them attend the modern churches. I never hear the name of Jesus Christ roll off their tongues when we are together and I see embarrassment on their face when I speak His name.
Welcome to our world, the world of false Christianity and worldly platitudes disguised as godly wisdom. There is more deception in the churches and among the Christians than there is truth. Those who expose it are isolated, repudiated and disrespected by nearly everyone we come in contact with.
Ephesians 5:11
"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."
Romans 12:2
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
1 Peter 5:8
"8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
We need not live in fear or pay any attention to rejection. We can live free in Christ even if no one comes with us.
2 Corinthians 12:9 "9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

No comments:

Post a Comment