Saturday, June 30, 2018

Words and Actions do not save anyone!

There is false conversion that is based on outward appearances and words. This is not becoming born again.

Acts 16:30-31 "“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Matthew 7:21-23 tells us about those who never believed in Christ. These people joined a club thinking it will make them look good or be good in the eyes of men. They thought if they appeared to be good enough, do enough good deeds, then they would be accepted by those around them. In short, they liked being seen as a good person, but had no interest in Christ.

Matthew 7:21-23
I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

No comments:

Post a Comment