Friday, May 28, 2021

A-Muse, the American Condition!

A-muse = "amuse", meaning not to think, think about it! Playing is what children do, pleasure-seekers tend not to think.
1 Corinthians 13:11
"11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [a]became a man, I did away with childish things."
We Americans play far more than we realize. As I get older I like to think of working as my play, at the end of it something got accomplished that we can enjoy for years to come.
The more I am focused on Christ the less I enjoy "adventures" I prefer the small joys in life, friends, relaxing on the front porch in a rocking chair and the like. Perhaps this is what being content looks like.
Philippians 4:11-13
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
What a wonderful place to be, contented in the Lord every single day!!!
Hallelujah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment