Saturday, May 28, 2016

Do I Have to Think to Eat

Do I have to think to eat when I am hungry?

Do I have to think to rest when I am too tired to continue?

Do I have to think to scratch an itch when needed?

Do I have to think to blink when something falls into my eye?

Do I have to think to pick myself up when I trip?

Do I have to think to clean up a mess, when I spilled something on myself ?

Do I have to think when my muscles hurt and I must move to be more comfortable?

I do all these things with very little thought at all, it comes naturally to me to do these things.

Do we understand that when Christ lives in us our natural inclination is to think as He would think and do as He would do!

Those who are not automatically thinking with the mind of Christ may not be born again. We do have to train ourselves to be like this by reading His Word and obeying what He tells us.

If we are not automatically thinking like Christ, then something is wrong with our walk, we are neglecting His Word, prayer and obedience. OR, even worse, we were never born again to begin with.

Hebrews 5:12 "Although by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to reteach you the basic principles of God's word. You need milk, not solid food!"

Hebrews 9:14
"how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!"

Next time someone asks you if you "follow" the commandments, boldly profess, no, they are a part of me. Do I follow my feet where they go? Do I work real hard to lift my hand to my mouth to feed myself? I do all this without thinking and without trying.

Lastly, doing evil is very uncomfortable for the believer. In order to do evil as a born again believer goes against our new nature. We hate it, we resist it and confess when we are weak and fall into it.

Before we were born again it was natural for us to sin, it was comfortable and we even defended it. After we were born again, sin was distasteful even repulsive to us, we avoid it.

Before salvation sin was natural, pleasurable and compelling.
After Salvation sin is repulsive to us, we are compelled to avoid it.

Romans 7:14-25 "14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.
24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?
25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."

No comments:

Post a Comment