Rejecting the cultural Christianity I grew up with to embrace and enjoy a relationship with Jesus Christ.
A place to come and share thoughts about almost anything. Especially things of the Lord.
Please no Anonymous posts, I enjoy knowing who is writing to me.
Monday, August 10, 2026
Honor Your Father and Mother Different From What You Think
I wonder if my long life and health are blessings because of my attitude about obeying parents. I was tested! Dad told me as a young teen that if he ever learned that I kissed a girl, it would be too bad for me. I dated a girl for three or so years and never kissed her until after I asked mother if it would be alright to kiss her good-bye before leaving her residence. I think we had just become engaged. She thought it would be alright. My reasoning was that obedience to parents is right. I respected and honored that because I was responsible to God first and then to them. I disagreed with Dad's restriction but obeyed anyway. I've never been sorry for my obedience.
I wonder if my long life and health are blessings because of my attitude about obeying parents. I was tested! Dad told me as a young teen that if he ever learned that I kissed a girl, it would be too bad for me. I dated a girl for three or so years and never kissed her until after I asked mother if it would be alright to kiss her good-bye before leaving her residence. I think we had just become engaged. She thought it would be alright. My reasoning was that obedience to parents is right. I respected and honored that because I was responsible to God first and then to them. I disagreed with Dad's restriction but obeyed anyway. I've never been sorry for my obedience.
ReplyDeleteAmen, God does bless our obedience to Him and parents.
ReplyDelete